I loved seeing this report about the Dad who printed his kid a cybernetic prosthesis. The unthinkable is always just around the corner, and next door.
Two years ago, Paul McCarthy began searching for an inexpensive yet functional prosthetic hand for his son Leon, who was born without fingers on one of his hands. McCarthy came across a video online with detailed instruction on how to use a 3-D printer to make a prosthetic hand for his son. Michelle Miller reports.
- Video: Boy gets prosthetic hand made by 3-D printer (cbsnews.com)
- Dad Makes a 3D-Printed Prosthetic Hand for His Son for £6 (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Loving father built a prosthetic hand for his son with a 3D printer (sploid.gizmodo.com)
- This awesome dad 3-D printed a prosthetic hand for his son (now.msn.com)
- Dad Uses 3D Printer To Make His Son A Prosthetic Hand (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dad 3D Printed A Prosthetic Hand For His Son (eteknix.com)
- Loving father built a prosthetic hand for his son with a 3D printer (jeremiahtillman.wordpress.com)